Favourite animators: You Yoshinari (吉成曜)
- Introduction to You Yoshinari’s style
- You Yoshinari’s amazing artwork
- Sakuga: The Animation of Anime pt.11 - You Yoshinari: Gainax & Trigger Superstar
- Some of the scenes animated by You Yoshinari: part 1, part 2, part 3
- List of anime he’s worked on + sakuga wiki
- Don’t forget to click the gifs for the titles and additional notes!
- And yes, he is the one who directed “Little Witch Academia”
- Try yoga or meditation.
- Do breathing exercises.
- Listen to relaxing playlists.
- Play cute relaxing games like this one where you’re a giraffe kissing other giraffes or sushi cat.
- Get rid of clutter.
- Take a walk (or run if you prefer) somewhere that isn’t crowded.
- Make a pinterest board of positive and soothing affirmations.
- Print out pictures you find soothing and post them around your house.
- Tell yourself that it will be okay, that everything is temporary, and that you got this, you got this, you got this.
- Write a letter to all the things that have been stressing you. Vent. Say all the things you wouldn’t say out loud.
- Treat yourself with the same love and care you’d treat a child.
- Do one thing at a time. One step at a time. Break down large goals in small quantifiable goals. Less goals like “I’m going to work out more”, and more goals like “I’m going to do ten jumping jacks and 20 minutes of cardio tonight”.
- Observe your vocabulary. Don’t say “I can’t do this”. Say “this is hard, but I’ve done hard things before, and I’ll do my best.”
- Get rid of stressful elements/people you don’t need in your life. An old friendship now causes you more trouble than happiness, but you’ve been keeping it around because of old time’s sake? Cut it out.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Surround yourself with as many good things as possible.
- Focus on the present moment. Cutting vegetables? Focus on the feel of the knife in your hand, the motion of the knife slicing through, the smell, the texture, the sound. What are you doing right now? What does the air feel like? What can you hear? What can you feel? Take it all in. Breathe. Right now is a great place to be.
Thank you sweet anon <3 I need to get better at having a routine, especially the 15min away from electronics before bed. I’ll try the other things, too, especially the pad of paper and pen next to me.
thank you again :)
Make Me Choose: 2D animation or